Wait until you see how easy this mouthwatering slow-cooker buffalo chicken sliders recipe is! Add five simple ingredients to a crockpot in the morning, cover it, and let it slow-cook through the day. There is nothing like coming home to a kitchen that smells wonderful and a meal that is virtually ready to eat! Whether these outstanding mini sandwiches are served as an appetizer, an entree, or a snack, they are sure to be a huge hit.
Slow-cooker buffalo chicken sliders are perfect for a make-ahead weeknight meal. They’re also great for serving a crowd on the weekend, or to nosh on game day. If you love buffalo chicken, this recipe is a “must-make.”
Find the full list of ingredients and directions at the end of this post.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Perfect For Game Day
With the Super Bowl right around the corner, it’s time to pull out all the favorite game day recipes. For me, this includes some of my favorite appetizers including The Best Artichoke Dip, The Best Appetizer Meatballs, and Delicious White Bean Hummus. Now that the appetizers are taken care of, it’s time to move on to the entree.
This year I am serving my slow-cooker buffalo chicken sliders. This is such an easy and delicious recipe. After all, who wants to spend their whole day in the kitchen on game day!? Not me. I want to enjoy watching the game too. (Although who am I kidding?! I really love watching the commercials and the half-time show.) Anyway, back to the menu… I am serving these mouthwatering little sandwiches as part of dinner. However, they also make great game day appetizers or snacks too.
So Many Reasons to Love This Recipe
There are so many reasons to love these Slow-cooker buffalo chicken sliders. Here are just a few:
1. Perfect for entertaining: As I mentioned earlier, the beauty of a slow-cooker recipe is that you can put all the ingredients in the crockpot and forget about it (for the most part). That leaves lots of extra time for getting work done, visiting with guests, or watching the game. These slow-cooker buffalo chicken sliders are also full of flavor, simple to make, and perfect for feeding a crowd.
2. Satisfying, (slightly) spicy, and full of flavor: Although I love buffalo chicken wings, they always leave me feeling slightly unsatisfied. I love the flavor of buffalo wings, but there just isn’t enough chicken for me to feel satisfied when I eat them. These mouthwatering sliders check all the boxes. They have the delicious flavor of spicy buffalo sauce combined with lots of tender and juicy chicken. The flavor party doesn’t stop there though. Each little sandwich is topped with cheddar cheese, ranch dressing (or blue cheese if you prefer), and sliced green onions. All of this is sandwiched in between a buttery soft or sweet Hawaiian slider roll. Every bite is incredibly satisfying and so delicious!
3. Easy to personalize: Although the chicken is slow-cooked in buffalo sauce, it’s not too spicy. Feel free to add more or less hot sauce depending on your spice tolerance. Adding ranch or blue cheese dressing to the sliders when they are served also helps cut the heat.
Ingredients in Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Chicken – I prefer using boneless, skinless breast meat. However, you can also use boneless thigh meat if you prefer.
- Butter – Adds a delicious depth of flavor. (Let’s be honest, butter makes everything better!)
- Buffalo sauce – I use Frank’s Red Hot, but any cayenne pepper hot sauce will do. Using a milder buffalo wing sauce will make definitely make the chicken less spicy if that’s a concern.
- Ranch dressing mix – These packets can be found in the supermarket with the salad dressing.
- Soft dinner rolls or Hawaiian rolls – These make the best slider buns. The butter in the soft dinner rolls and the sweetness in the Hawaiian rolls complement the spicy buffalo chicken beautifully.
- Slider toppings – Of course, the toppings are optional. Although they enhance the flavor of these sliders tremendously. I love to include shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, and ranch or blue cheese dressing. Feel free to add Pickled Red Onions, coleslaw, lettuce, or tomato too.
How to Make Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
1. Place the chicken breasts, ranch dressing seasoning, butter, buffalo sauce, and garlic in a crockpot.
2. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, using two forks shred it up. Mix it up with the sauce.
4. Serve the slow-cooker buffalo chicken on slider buns topped with cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, ranch or blue cheese dressing, and more buffalo sauce if you like.
Optional: Add a touch of cream cheese or sour cream to the sauce if you prefer a creamier texture.
Make-Ahead and Freezing
Slow-cooker buffalo chicken can be made ahead and it freezes beautifully. Make it up to two days ahead of when it’s being served and store it in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. If you make a double batch or (by some miracle) have leftovers that you want to save for a future easy meal, allow the buffalo chicken to cool completely. Then, store it in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 6 months. To reheat it, thaw completely then heat it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do here on the farm. Remember to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious recipes, easy crafts and DIYs, and home decor inspiration. I look forward to seeing you there!