I’m so in love with these clay heart Valentine’s decorations! This is my new favorite Valentine’s Day DIY. (I know I say that with every new project I share, but it’s true. I get so invested in each one of them!) These sweet little clay hearts are the perfect little touches for the holiday. They look beautiful strung up on ribbon to make Valentine’s garland. You can also hang them from branches for a sweet Valentine’s centerpiece or tie them onto gifts for loved ones.
No matter how you use these clay heart Valentine’s decorations, they are a sweet way to spread some love. They’re also so fun and easy to make. I hope you love this project as much as I do. Let’s get started!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy. As always, thank you for supporting my blog.
Love Is In The Air
To be honest, now that the kids are grown and out of the house, Valentine’s decorating around the house isn’t what it used to be. However, that’s not to say that I don’t like to sprinkle a little love around the farmhouse for the holiday.
In the kitchen, I add my beautiful and easy Valentine’s dish towels and a crock of red, white, and pink flowers. I always have a jar of holiday candy in the foyer for when the kids come home or when we have guests over. In the living room, sunroom, and family room you may find a heart candle or pillow sprinkled about. The touches are minimal, while at the same time, you can feel that love is in the air. This year, I added a sweet garland on the cutting board rack near the table in the breakfast nook.
Supplies Needed to Make Clay Heart Valentine’s Decorations
- Air hardening modeling clay
- Rolling pin
- Heart cookie cutters (I used this one, this one, and this one.)
- Rubber stamps or embossed rolling pin (I used stamps that included a script design, a definition of “love,” and a floral design. All of which I found at Hobby Lobby.)
- Bamboo skewer or toothpick
- Acrylic paints (The colors of your choice. I used crimson red and champagne gold.)
- Clay glaze
- Wire or ribbon
How to Make Clay Heart Valentine’s Decorations
Making these clay heart decorations is so easy. Have fun and get creative! Make them unique to you and to your style.
1. Roll out the clay to about a quarter of an inch thick.
If using a stamp or embossed rolling pin, stamp or roll out the design into the clay.
2. Using the heart-shaped cookie cutters, press them into the clay to make the heart shapes.
3. Carefully poke holes into the clay using a skewer or toothpick.
Allow the clay to dry overnight. Remember to turn the hearts over every so often so that they air dry completely.
4. Using the colors of your choice, paint the clay hearts. Don’t forget to paint the edges and the backs of the hearts.
5. Once the paint has dried apply the glaze with a clean paintbrush. Allow the hearts to dry.
6. Add wire or ribbon for hanging.
Sprinkle A Little Love Around
These clay heart Valentine’s decorations can be sprinkled all around the house. As I mentioned earlier, you can make a garland with them and hang them from a branch or on a tree. They can also be tied to gifts or around a vase with a beautiful Valentine’s flower arrangement in it. These adorable hearts can also be used as filler for a bowl or jar on display in the home. If you plan on using them as filler, I would suggest not putting any holes in the hearts. I plan to use some of my clay hearts as napkin holders for our Valentine’s Day dinner.
Shop This Post:
If you are looking for more easy and beautiful Valentine’s craft projects, you may enjoy these too:
Beautiful and Easy Valentine’s Dish Towels
Sweet Valentine’s Day Floral Arrangement
Frosted Glass Heart Candle Holders
Thank you for joining me today! For more farmhouse inspiration, easy and beautiful crafts and DIYs, delicious recipes, and so much more, I hope you will join me on Instagram and Pinterest too. I look forward to seeing you there!