This sweet Valentine’s Day floral arrangement is the perfect way to celebrate the holiday. It’s easy, inexpensive, and beautiful! Use this arrangement as a centerpiece on the dining table, on the kitchen island, or on an entry table. Wherever you display it, it’s a sweet way to say, “Happy Valentine’s Day!” at home.
Love is in the Air
I love Valentine’s Day! The hearts, the candy, the flowers, and all the sweet sentiments make it an extra special day. Any day that is dedicated to reminding those closest to you how much you love them is a good day in my book.
Though I don’t do a lot of decorating for Valentine’s Day, I do try to add some extra special touches around the farmhouse like my easy Valentine’s Day garland. Simple and thoughtful touches around the home help to make it a sweet and festive day.
It’s also not unusual for me to show my love on this holiday through food. A couple of my favorite recipes include Valentine’s Day cookie mug huggers and the best vanilla strawberry cake. Decorating this cake with strawberry roses makes it extra special.
What you Need to Make a Sweet Valentine’s Day Floral Arrangement
With a few inexpensive materials, it’s easy to make this sweet arrangement. Here is everything you need:
- 1 larger vase
- 1 smaller vase (It should fit inside the larger vase with enough room in between them for the candy hearts to fit.)
- 2-3 bags of candy hearts or “conversation hearts” (The number of bags depends on the size of the vases.)
- Fresh flowers (I used tulips from Trader Joe’s.)
- Ribbon (optional)
Vases can be found at craft stores, dollar stores, and Goodwill. For my vases, I used a larger one that I saved from a flower delivery. Inside, I used a 36-ounce mason jar. They worked together perfectly!
How to Make a Sweet Valentine’s Day Floral Arrangement
This festive and beautiful arrangement can be made in 3 simple steps:
- Place the smaller vase in the larger vase. Try to center it as much as possible.
- Add the candy hearts in between the two vases (around the outside of the smaller vase) until they fill space from the bottom to the top.
- Fill the smaller vase with water and arrange the flowers inside it.
For an added festive touch, tie a ribbon around the outside of the larger vase finishing it off with a bow.
There are so many fabulous flowers to use when making floral arrangements. However, I think roses and tulips look especially sweet for this Valentine’s Day floral arrangement. Combined with the candy hearts, I find that the simpler the florals are, the better. A simple arrangement makes the heart candies in the vase stand out and let’s be honest, they are truly what make this arrangement extra sweet.
I hope you enjoy making your own sweet Valentine’s Day floral arrangement for the holiday.