Y’all, I might be a little late to this party. However, on the off chance, that you are too, I am so excited to share these quick, easy, and incredibly delicious mug cakes with you! I’m obsessed with them! In 5 minutes or less, these single-serving sweet treats are ready to enjoy. That’s right! I said it, 5 minutes or less.
Find the full recipes at the bottom of this post.
Chocolate vs. Lemon
Whether you’re a chocolate lover like me or you enjoy fresh flavors like lemon, one or both of these delicious mug cake recipes are for you. They are irresistible, quick, and easy to make and both versions of these cakes can be made gluten-free. How awesome is that!?
Chocolate cake is good all day, every day. Morning, noon, and night. Winter, spring, summer, or fall. I think you’re starting to feel how deep my love for chocolate goes. Not only is chocolate delicious, but it also has wonderful health benefits. According to Webmd.com, “Chocolate is especially rich in flavanols like epicatechin and catechin, as well as anthocyanins and phenolic acids. All of these compounds help protect your cells from inflammation, improve your brain function, and boost your immune and cardiovascular health.” I just love the taste. The darker the chocolate, the better, I say!
Lemon is fresh, fragrant, and pairs beautifully with a little salt and sugar. For these reasons, lemon cake is always a fan favorite. It’s perfect for breakfast, especially when poppy seeds are added to the batter. It’s also a great snack during the day or a refreshing sweet treat in the evening. Lemon mug cake is the perfect sweet treat in spring and summer.
There are Many Reasons to Love These Delicious Mug Cakes
- Both versions of these delicious mug cakes use simple pantry ingredients. Including the homemade vanilla extract, I’ve shared here before. I would venture to guess that you have all of the pantry staples in your kitchen right now.
Quick and Easy
- In less than 5 minutes, you can be enjoying a warm, decadent, and delicious cake. That includes prep time and cook time! This means that morning, afternoon, or night you can satisfy that sweet tooth in a matter of minutes.
- Everyone loves cake! (And if they don’t, they should.) However, not everyone has the time to bake a full cake. The beauty of these delicious mug cakes is that they are individual serving sizes. Enjoy one by yourself or make several and serve them to friends and family to enjoy. Even better, make some together! Lay out all the ingredients on the kitchen counter or island and invite friends and family to make their own while taking turns at the microwave. You will be shocked at how fun making these cakes after dinner can be when you are surrounded by your loved ones.
- The chocolate mug cake is a naturally gluten-free recipe and the lemon mug cake can be made gluten-free using a GF flour mix, I use this one. If you aren’t gluten-free, I promise, you’ll never know the difference!
No Microwave? No problem
- These delicious mug cakes can be made in the oven too. Bake in a conventional oven at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these quick, easy, and delicious mug cakes as much as we do here on the farm. Next, I’m going to try and make a rum mug cake. Doesn’t that sound delicious!?… I’ll keep you posted on how it turns out!
Looking for more delicious sweet treat recipes? You may want to check out these: